Friday, June 25, 2010

"I will continue to be there for my Color Guard Squad"

The following is a comment from Donna Wilson , the girls Color Guard coach, whose stipend was reduced by 75% with no explanation from the board this past Wed evening. We have decided to give it its own post. Donna, the community will rally behind you and your squad, just as we always have! Here is Donna's comment:

"Just to be clear, this is my first comment on this site. My name is Donna Wilson. I want to say that I am very disappointed of the out come at the meeting on Wednesday night. However, it was not enough to break me. I will continue to be there for my Color Guard squad. They are a great bunch of girls who have worked hard to get to where they are. I am very proud of them. I have no idea why the board has it out for me. However, taking it out on me through my stipen was aimed at me, but the girls on the squad were the one that were hurt by the actions. When you hurt their coach, you hurt them. We are all for one and one for all. They were able to see first hand that people with vendettas will strike out no matter who is in their way. I have only tried, in the past four years to be a positive mentor for the students on my squad, as well as the rest of the students that I know. I will continue to have a positive attitude for my squad. I do appologize for my outburst as I left the meeting. It was not necessary. Unfortunatly I let my frustration take over. My appology is meant for my squad. It was not a good example set by myself for them. It is something I will discuss with them.
The Morrisville High School Color Guard Squad and myself would like to thank those who care for their continued support. We will be working hard over the summer to give you a great halftime program next year. Looking forward to seeing all of those who care in the stands in the fall."